;

Thursday, September 30, 2010

safe sounds

Tonight, I have pinpointed some of the sounds that are most comforting to me. If anyone is reading this, I'd love to hear yours.

-The crackling fire of a wood stove

-Dishwasher (especially at night, it gives me a feeling of absolute peace. In our house, loading the dishwasher was the last thing done before bedtime.)

-Cicadas...plus frogs, crickets and the occasional owl. Night sounds from home.

-Very heavy rain, especially on a tin roof. Growing up--you guessed it, we had a tin roof.

-Loud, rolling thunder. Lots of big, bad thunderstorms year-round in southern Louisiana, where I'm from.

-Washing machine/ dryer.

-My dog's breathing as she sleeps.

-Ben snoring. <3

-Industrial fan, like the one we used at camp in the lodge.

-The sound of a rocking La-Z-Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment