;

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

papa was a rolling stone

no, really. not one of THE stones, but a rocker none the less.


"the first thing I remember, I was lying in my bed
I couldn't've been no more than one or two...
well, it's late in the evening, and the music's seeping through"

Truly, my earliest memory is of my father playing his guitar and singing to me in my nursery. I'm lying in my crib looking at him, across from me, in the corner. The room is dark, except for the light that comes from the hallway. I can see the giant quilt hanging on the ten foot yellow wall. It feels like a very big room (and later I'll realize that it really is.) This memory just makes me feel so safe and content.

1 comment:

  1. my earliest memories have a yellow wall too...or yellow curtains on a sunny morning. yours is haunting and lovely. what a cool papa.

    ReplyDelete